Kalamazoo Child and Family Counseling is in-network for the following insurance companies:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- United Health Care / Optum / United Behavioral Health (currently Jeff LaPonsie is the only counselor who is in-network with UHC other therapists would be out-of-network).
- Meridian Medicaid
All other insurances are out-of-network. Services may still be covered in part or in full by your health insurance.
Please check your coverage carefully by asking the following questions:
- Do I have mental health insurance benefits?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session?
- How many sessions per year does my insurance cover?
- What is my deductible and has it been met?
- Is approval required from my primary care physician?
$150 for initial assessment
$115 per 55-minute individual therapy session
$100 per 45-minute individual therapy session
Payment is due at the time of each scheduled session. For sessions covered by insurance, your copay will be due at the time of service. For out-of-network clients Kalamazoo Child and Family Counseling will provide you with a receipt that you can submit to your insurance company for self-reimbursement. We are able process credit, debit and health savings accounts electronic payment, as well as check or cash.